Poker Games Variants
A few years back, I "borrowed" all of the games and instructions in this section from a GREAT poker site: http://www.poker.uk.co/index.htm for fear that given the nature of the internet, the site wouldn't be around the next time I had a poker party. Well, that site no longer exists (like I feared), and my site is still here...so, hopefully the original guys aren't ticked off. Who knows...they probably stole all this stuff from someone else in the first place.
LINKS TO THE GAMES
Standard is $.05 unless specified differently by dealer (see below)
- Maximum Bet: $.25
- Maximum Raise: $.50
- Maximum Number of Raises: 3
FIRST AND LAST GAMES:
Out of tradition, the first and last games of the evening are Five Card Draw, with no wilds.
The dealer is in charge. The dealer calls the game, sets the ante, and can change house rules during their deal (unless a mutiny occurs and no one agrees to their terms.) Dealer is only dealer for THEIR game, after it's over, it moves clockwise to the person on their left. Then, that person gets to be the poker Nazi for a hand, get it?
Beer is pretty mandatory. The more beer you have, the better those pair of twos look, which means we go back to rule number one, "I win."
What beats what? Please...let's remember that the first rule is: my hand beats your hand. Outside of that, here are a few disclaimers.
- Naturals win. In other words, my Full House - Jack's over 3's (J-J-J-3-3) beats yours (W-J-J-3-3) <the "W" is a wild card>
- Suits are not used to break ties.
- Cards beyond the fifth are not used to break ties; only the best five cards in each hand are used in the comparison. (I don't care if you have seven Jacks)
- In the case of a tie, the pot is split equally among the winning hands.